vSpace® Client for Windows® and Chromebook™
Bring a modern Windows desktop to your existing PC or Chromebook deployments with vSpace Client. Once installed, connect to your vSpace Server and enjoy a secure, modern Windows desktop without the expense of switching or upgrading hardware. vSpace Client provides a high-performance PC experience to Chromebooks and PCs. Schools and businesses can leverage new investments in affordable Chromebooks, utilize existing PCs or bring their own devices in a secure, fully managed computing solution for all their Windows applications.
Available to all Windows® and Chromebook™ users, vSpace Client extends user access to a centrally managed, high-performance Windows desktop computing environment without the expense of switching or upgrading hardware.
- NEWvSpace Client for Chromebook enables customers to continue accessing key Windows-only applications as well as web apps utilizing Java or Silverlight, encouraging a hybrid user experience that captures the benefits of both Chrome OS and Windows on one device. Applications that previously could not be supported on a Chromebook now run seamlessly, just like on a PC.
- vSpace Client for Windows enables customers to reach users with remote, mobile or legacy PCs and expand vSpace Server desktop virtualization to any Windows computing device.
- Access virtual desktops from any PC or Chromebook from anywhere with a LAN or WiFi connection
- Increase the functionality and value of existing technology
- Deliver a secure and seamless Windows desktop environment for all users, regardless of device
- Reduce administration, upgrade and replacement costs
- Enable schools and businesses to support a BYOD (Bring-Your-Own-Device) policy
Mobility, BYOD & remote access
Access Windows applications from PC’s or Chromebooks via LAN or WiFi from home or school. Enable students to use their own devices.
Revitalize Old PC Hardware
Re-purpose legacy and existing PCs as centrally-managed virtual desktop devices to provide users with a rich new Windows experience.
Put Your Students First
Enable students to use the technology tools that help them learn best, regardless of platform or quality of Internet connection.
Streamline Classroom Technology
Manage your applications and virtual desktop centrally, ensuring a consistent, up-to-date learning experience for all users on the vSpace Server.
The best of Windows and Chrome OS™ on the same device
Use key Windows applications, Java and Silverlight on a Chromebook. Easily switch between Chrome OS and Windows.
Transition to the Managed Desktop
Move users to virtual desktop computing in manageable steps to achieve incremental benefits.
vSpace Client for Chromebook
- vSpace Client software can be installed on devices running Google® Chrome OS™
- vSpace Client for Chromebook is supported by vSpace Server 8.4 or later
- Recommended minimum hardware requirements: 1.4GHz Celeron or 1.8GHz ARM CPU with 2GB DRAM
vSpace Client for Windows
- vSpace Client software can be installed on devices running Windows 7 SP1 (32 and 64-bit), Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
- vSpace Client for Windows is supported by vSpace Server 188.8.131.52 or later
- Recommended minimum hardware requirements: Intel Pentium 4 CPU with 2GB DRAM.
“Nothing works as fast as NComputing’s thin client system and nothing even comes close to how easy the system is to support and maintain. We haven’t had to do any work on a student device the entire year, which is pretty incredible. That’s freed up our time to work on other things and has generated huge savings in terms of support time. It’s like nothing I’ve ever supported before. I’m completely sold on this thin client.”Todd PilchTechnology Director
“Centralised control for supporting and maintaining the 70 computer labs over multiple locations was the main driver for this project.”Eng. Abdullah OmranPMP, IT Manager
"After deploying the solution, we can see that NComputing would be a good choice when we need to add computer access for new users. We can even deploy this in our retail showrooms."Ms. Praphavan PuttummavongNetwork & Computer Specialist
“NComputing devices and software deployed at ESIC hospitals ensure effective and optimum utilization of resources at minimum cost to ESIC beneficiaries”Ashok TripathyGeneral Manager
“Our challenge was to expand computing access in a highly economical and eco-friendly way and the NComputing solution was a perfect fit."Vivek SawantManaging Director
"When we were evaluating various it solutions to expand our infrastructure, people discouraged us from going ahead with a virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) solution. But our experience has been extremely positive. We are running many business applications, such as SAP, Tally and Outlook, which are working wonderfully well on NComputing's vSpace desktop virtualisation platform for L-series."Prasad BhattadManager–IT
“We are thankful to NComputing for their excellent solution that gave us the early mover advantage. The fast deployment-followed by cost benefit, zero downtime, the openness of use with any operating system, and optimum space utilisation-made this one of the best services we have received to date.”P. K. SinhaCEO, Centre of Excellence & Director
“Working with NComputing has helped us solve the challenges associated with enabling affordable computing access to students in the government schools of Bihar, especially in schools located in the rural and remote areas of the state. This project would fulfill our chief minister's dream of providing high quality education, and the much-needed computing skills to millions of children across the state.”Sanjiwan SinhaManaging Director-BSEIDC, and Special Secretary, Department of Education
“NComputing shared desktop computing technology delivers significant cost savings, which we can re-invest in software and services to ensure our students benefit from the most advanced and high standard of curriculum possible.”Dr. J S SodhiHead IT
"The school director was impressed and surprised at the comparatively low cost for the thin client infrastructure. The cost per unit amounted to approximately 40% of the previous technology program."David SmithDirector of Technology
"The combination of simple implementation, low management overhead, and low costs is coupled with a high-quality PC experience."IDCNComputing Vendor Profile, 2012